|John Allan Arte|
|Born||February 22, 1993|
|Other names||The Hunter|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|Reach||70.0 in (178 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Curitiba, Parana, Brazil|
|Team||Chute Boxe Academy|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
When Allan was 14 years old, he entered a Muay Thai gym with the goal of losing weight. Around 17, he went to Jiu-Jitsu. He then migrated to MMA and did not leave. Before turning pro, he also played amateur basketball, from 15 to 19 years old.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Allan made his professional debut against Fabiano Rodrigues on September 15, 2012, losing his first MMA fight by heel hook in under a minute. He would go on to compile a 12–4 record on the Brazilian regional scene.
At Dana White's Contender Series Brazil 3 on August 11, 2018, Allan fell short to eventual contract-winner Vinicius Moreira via second-round triangle choke submission despite a successful first round that saw Allan bloody his fellow Brazilian.
At Future FC 6 on June 28, 2019, Allan defeated previously undefeated prospect Alexandre Silva via second-round TKO in a barnburner of a fight.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Allan made his UFC debut against Mike Rodríguez on July 13, 2019, at UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd. He originally won the fight via unanimous decision. However, Allan tested positive for banned hormone and metabolic modulator tamoxifen for which he received a one-year USADA suspension, which began on began on July 13, 2019, and was fined $4,800 by the California State Athletic Commission which overruled the original decision to a no contest.
Allan, as a replacement for Gerald Meerschaert, was scheduled to face Ed Herman on September 12, 2020, at UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill. Allan was removed from the fight in early September as he faced travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and was replaced by Mike Rodríguez.
Allan was expected to face Aleksa Camur on November 6, 2021, at UFC 268. However, Camur pulled out of the bout citing an undisclosed injury and was replaced by Dustin Jacoby. Allan lost the bout via unanimous decision.
Allan was released by the UFC in November 2021 following his loss to Jacoby.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
Mixed martial artsEdit
- LHW Tournament Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|20 matches||13 wins||7 losses|
|Loss||13–7 (1)||Dustin Jacoby||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 268||November 6, 2021||3||5:00||New York City, New York, United States|
|Loss||13–6 (1)||Roman Dolidze||Decision (split)||UFC on ESPN: Hermansson vs. Vettori||December 5, 2020||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|NC||13–5 (1)||Mike Rodriguez||NC (overturned)||UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd||July 13, 2019||3||5:00||Sacramento, California, United States||Originally a unanimous decision win for Allan; overturned after he tested positive for tamoxifen.|
|Win||13–5||Alexandre Silva||TKO (punches)||Future FC 6||June 28, 2019||2||1:33||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Loss||12–5||Vinicius Moreira||Submission (triangle choke)||Dana White's Contender Series Brazil 3||August 11, 2018||2||3:40||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||12–4||Edvaldo de Oliveira||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Imortal FC 8||April 7, 2018||3||2:38||São José dos Pinhais, Brazil|
|Win||11–4||Rafael Monteiro||TKO (punches)||Imortal FC 7||November 11, 2017||2||1:08||São José dos Pinhais, Brazil|
|Loss||10–4||Adilson Costa Ferreira||Decision (unanimous)||BFC: Maranhao vs. Curitiba||September 16, 2017||3||5:00||São Luís, Brazil|
|Win||9–4||Matheus Scheffel||TKO (punches)||Samurai FC / PFE 13||June 11, 2016||1||4:36||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Loss||8–4||Michał Fijałka||Submission (rear-naked choke)||XCage 9||April 9, 2016||2||1:11||Toruń, Poland||For the XC Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Win||8–3||Alex Junius||TKO (punches)||Show Fight 31||March 24, 2016||1||0:00||Curitiba, Brazil||Won the SF Tournament Championship.|
|Win||7–3||Rafael Monteiro||TKO (retirement)||2||5:00||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Loss||6–3||Thiago Florindo||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Frontline Fight Series 1||September 19, 2015||2||0:00||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||6–2||Leonardo Gosling||TKO (punches)||University of Champions 5||June 27, 2015||1||1:18||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||5–2||Bruno Marks||TKO||Curitiba Top Fight 9||March 1, 2015||1||2:04||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||4–2||Tassio Bomfim de Paula Souza||Submission||Gladiator Combat Fight 8||October 11, 2014||1||1:55||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||3–2||Leandro Frast||TKO (punches)||Curitiba Fight Pro 2||August 9, 2014||1||1:15||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Loss||2–2||Rodrigo Jesus||Decision (unanimous)||Samurai Fight Combat / Power Fight Extreme 10||November 30, 2013||3||5:00||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||2–1||Marcio Telles||Submission (heel hook)||Impactotal Fight 4||June 8, 2013||1||1:08||Garça, Brazil|
|Win||1–1||Cezar Alves||TKO (punches)||Full Fight Combat||December 15, 2012||1||3:40||Venâncio Aires, Brazil|
|Loss||0–1||Cesar Fabiano Rodrigues||Submission (heel hook)||Quality Fighting Championship||September 15, 2012||1||0:48||Araçatuba, Brazil||Middleweight debut.|
- "Stats | UFC". ufcstats.com. Retrieved 2020-10-04.
- "John Allan | UFC". www.ufc.com. 2018-09-24. Retrieved 2021-11-04.
- "John Allan ("The Hunter") | MMA Fighter Page". Tapology. Retrieved 2021-11-04.
- Guilherme Cruz (2018-08-20). "UFC announces 15 fights for Dana White's Contender Series Brazil". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- John Morgan (2018-09-07). "Dana White's Contender Series Brazil 3 results: Four fighters get UFC deals". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- Fiedel, Michael. "John Allan signs to UFC three days after KO win at Future FC 6". thebodylockmma.com. Retrieved 2021-11-04.
- ATSteveDuncan (2019-07-05). "Villante fuera, John Allan enfrenta a Mike Rodriguez en UFC Sacramento". MMA.uno , #1 En noticias de Artes Marciales Mixtas (MMA) en Español. (in European Spanish). Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- Evanoff, Josh (2019-07-13). "UFC Sacramento Results: John Allan Upsets Mike Rodriguez". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- Marrocco, Steven (2019-10-18). "John Allan Arte gets one-year suspension for tamoxifen metabolite". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-10-20.
- "John Allan replaces Gerald Meerschaert at UFC on ESPN+ 35, still keeps UFC 255 booking". MMA Junkie. 2020-08-20. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- Alexander K. Lee, Steven Marrocco and Damon Martin (2020-09-03). "Ed Herman to fight Mike Rodriguez at Sept. 12 UFC event". ufc.com. Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- "Roman Dolidze def. John Allan :: UFC on ESPN 19 :: MMA Decisions". mmadecisions.com. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- McClory, Mike (5 December 2020). "UFC Vegas 16 Results: Roman Dolidze Better Than Scorecards Show Against John Allan". Cageside Press. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- Dorff, Marcel (2021-08-30). "Aleksa Camur vs. John Allan toegevoegd aan UFC 268 in New York". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2021-08-30.
- Marcel Dorff (2021-11-01). "Dustin Jacoby vervangt Aleksa Camur tegen John Allan zaterdag in New York". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2021-11-01. (in Dutch)
- Evanoff, Josh (2021-11-06). "UFC 268 Results: Dustin Jacoby Outworks John Allan, Gets Short Notice Win". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2021-11-07.
- King, Kristen (2021-11-19). "John Allan released from UFC following loss to Dustin Jacoby at UFC 268". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2021-11-20.
- Sherdog.com. "John Allan". Sherdog. Retrieved 2020-08-07.